Our film-score-filled ceremony.
For our wedding ceremony, Chris and I selected music from some of our favorite film scores and movie soundtracks. Chris is an avid film fan, so this was a fun way to bring something he felt passionate about into our wedding day. And, yes, I snuck some Kathy-stuff in there too.
While the guests were arriving, we had a playlist with tracks from our favorite film scores.
1. "Once Upon A Time... Storybook Love" - Mark Knopfler, Princess Bride
2. Moving On - Nick Cave & Warren Ellis, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
3. Buchanan Mansion And Daisy Suite - Craig Armstrong, The Great Gatsby
4. Bistro Fada - Stephane Wrembel, Midnight in Paris
8. Together We Will Live Forever - Clint Mansell, The Fountain
9. Buongiorno Principessa, Life Is Beautiful
10. Liz on Top of the World, Pride and Prejudice
11. Kingdom Dance - Alan Menken, Tangled
The peppy instrumental "Kingdom Dance" from Tangled was the last track played before the ceremony began. Then the groomsmen entered to.... the theme song from Game of Thrones!
This was one of Chris's favorite wedding details for sure!
Our ceremony programs, designed and created by yours truly. That's a post for another day.
Choosing a bridal processional was one of the hardest decisions for me. I played around with a lot of ideas and was leaning toward choosing a piece from a classical ballet, but I kept coming back to Buddy Holly's True Love Ways. It's just such a smooth, beautiful, and simple song. I had to use it! It ended up not being long enough for the bridesmaids and I to all enter to... which we found out the hard way. The home stretch of my walk down the aisle with my dad was in silence since we ran out of song. Oh well! Let's pretend it was intentional to be dramatic? There are worse mishaps that we could have encountered.